Tuesday 5 February 2008

Pixies - Complete 'B' Sides

The fat man yipped dirty words at my ears and the guitars screeched a cavity into a 15-year old brain. It was visions, drugs and hysterical laughter I had never experienced in my own short life. There were songs with names like The Thing, Wave of Mutilation and Dancing the Manta Ray. As long as I had my Walkman in hand this CD would never leave it...

One of the first records (okay, CD's) I ever bought (link) was based on a magazine review. I neither knew who the Pixies were or what a B-side was...
On this CD is a song called 'In Heaven Everything Is Fine', which was poached from the Lady in the Radiator scene of this 'dream of dark and troubled things'...



...Which in turn was directed by video artist-turned-filmmaker Dave 'Happy Meal' Lynch.
Here's David Lynch talking about the manifold benefits of a handy-dandy iPhone:

2 comments:

Subra said...

You have a nice way of writing things , had earlier commented on blog, am returning the favour..

Tom said...

That David Lynch ad made me laugh pretty hard. Damn. Have you seen Twin Peaks? He plays the greatest character in it...